Monday, July 14, 2008

Words That I Would Like To Hear From Sen. John McCain

Today, the Republican presumptive presidential nominee, Sen. John "F--- You" McCain gave a speech to La Raza http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/07/mccains_speech_to_la_raza.html and, much to my surprise, there was a lot of lip-locking and pandering.
But, what was missing were some words that Sen. "F--- You" McCain should have said, but did not.
So, beyond the lip-locking and pandering, I would like to help Sen. "F--- You" McCain and in turn, maybe help with some fence-sitting conservatives that he will need to win the presidency in November.

"My friends, you know that I have worked tirelessly for the cause of "comprehensive immigration reform", at the potential cost of the nomination of my party to be the candidate for president.
One thing that I have learned in this debate that I was wrong on border security. I admit, I was wrong and will, as part of the "comprehensive immigration reform" pursue a policy of a real fence along the Southern border of the United States. And, increasing the budget and numbers of Border Patrol agents.
One thing that has come to my attention is the fact that there are two Border Patrol agents, Ignacio Ramos and Jose Campeon, that are languishing in prison for upholding the law of the United States and stopping a drug-running illegal alien from bringing a substantive amount of marijuana into this country.
I believe that the United States attorney that prosecuted the case, Johnny Sutton, was wrong to give immunity to the suspect, Osbaldo Aldrete-Davila. As it turned out, Aldrete-Davila continued to be a drug-runner, knowing that the United States government would not arrest him.
Upon my taking the oath of office of President of the United States, I will remove Mr. Sutton as the United States attorney in that region.
The second and third act that I will do is commute the ill-obtained sentences of Messrs. Ramos and Campeon to time served. And then I will grant both men a full, fair and free pardon with the apologies of the people of the United States.
There can not be any "comprehensive immigration reform" without the rule being enforced. We will not prosecute those who are doing their job in protecting the borders of the United States of America.
My friends, you know that I have been a very long-time advocate of "comprehensive immigration reform". Some of you may find what I have just said I will do to be not right. It is not right that we ask these brave men and women to do a job, securing our borders, with their hands tied behind their back. That every move they make will be questioned by people who want more than just "comprehensive immigration reform" and have their own agendas.
I want us to work together, but you on the "comprehensive immigration reform" side must meet at least halfway.
That is what I have learned that I may have not done, and now I am at that position."

Now, what a way that would go to assure many of us who have serious misgivings about what "comprehensive immigration reform" will do. And, it would show a real separation from the Bush administration.
Sen. "F--- You" McCain can not out pander the Democrat presumptive presidential nominee, Sen. Messiah Barack. Sen. Messiah Barack did that all well on his own before the same group on Sunday http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/07/obamas_remarks_to_la_raza.html.
So, maybe someone will get this through to Sen. "F--- You" McCain that this is one way to assure us conservatives and to lessen the opposition to the "comprehensive immigration reform" bill that we know will come up if he or Sen. Messiah Barack become president.
Someday soon, we will hear the above words and rejoice. By Jove, me thinks McCain gets it!

4 comments:

Kevin said...

One thing that I have learned in this debate that I was wrong on border security. I admit, I was wrong and will, as part of the "comprehensive immigration reform" pursue a policy of a real fence along the Southern border of the United States. And, increasing the budget and numbers of Border Patrol agents.

He'd never say that because he hasn't learned anything in the debate over illegal immigration, other than he'll have to be wishy washy about it until he gets elected. Then - and mark my words! - he's going to shove it right back down our throats and tell us we better effing like it.

You won't have to tell me I was right because I'll be screaming "I told you so" at the top of my lungs.

I do not believe a word the man says.

Righty64 said...

Remember, it is what I WOULD like Sen. "F--- You" McCain to say. But, alas, I do not hold my breath. But, one never knows. I cringe at the tought that he panders to these groups. If President Reagan went to all of these groups, he would tell them what they DON'T want to hear. Can we dig up the Great Man and prop him up for four years?!

Kevin said...

Like Zombie Reagan?

Righty64 said...

Ha! That is funny. But reading the whole thing is the point. Too many of the conservatives have let us down because they enjoyed controlling congress more than advancing conservative ideas