Sunday, March 07, 2010

Get In The Bunker! The Academy Awards Are Almost On!

In less than 15 minutes, the most self-indulgent night in American entertainment begins with the "red carpet" leading to the 82nd Academy Awards.
It is the time for the Hollywood libertard set to pat each other on the back. Give awards to movies that may not deserve it. Get a bit o' praise for the Dear Leader, President Obama. To try a dig maybe at former President George W. Bush. Or maybe former Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin. In other words, an absolute waste of one's time.
The good thing is that it appears fewer and fewer people are wasting their time watching all the self-indulgence. All the self-love.
As for me, I am preparing to enter my bunker. Will not emerge until Mrs. Right View From The Left Coast returns from her Academy Award watch party.
Yes, I know. My wife will watch while I rail. That is real diversity, folks!
I exercise my choice not to be taken in by the hoopla. I really see no point in it. But, some people do. And, Mrs. Right View From The Left Coast is one who does. Mrs. Right View From The Left Coast does see a lot more movies than your humble blogger. I am rather selective about what I will spend my money on. And yes, sometimes I will see a movie with someone that I can not stand. But think that they are good actors or actresses. But it better be one damn good movie for that to happen!
No, there are really more important things than the Academy Awards. And I will not watch. And many more people are beginning to realize that they do not have to watch either.

1 comment:

Phoenixism said...

I can't bear to sit through the whole tiresome thing.

I saw "The Messenger" today, that was not a bad movie. Amazing that the Iraqi War has resulted two pretty good movies..."The Hurt Locker" being the other one.