Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yankees vs. Phillies In The World Series-YAWN!

Tomorrow night, the World Series begins and I can not think of two of the teams that I loath more than the Philadelphia Phillies and the New York Yankees.
Why do I loath the Phillies? Well, they are from Philadelphia. Enough said.
Why do I loath the Yankees? Well, that is because my father, may God rest his soul, was from Brooklyn and a Dodger fan true blue. And at some point in my childhood, it was passed down to me to do two things in life. Bleed Dodger blue and hate, viscerally hate the dreaded Yankees.
It took the Dodgers a while, but in 1956, they finally beat the dreaded Yankees in the World Series. And it was the one and only World Series championship for the borough of Brooklyn. And, two years later, the Dodgers and the cross-town rival New York Giants moved west to Los Angeles and San Francisco, respectively.
Anyhow, I am going to go with the Phillies in six games.
Yes, the Yankees are the best team that money can buy, but I saw a lot of real grit in these Phillies when they played my beloved Dodgers.
And I think Philly Grit will defeat the glitz of the Bronx Bombers.

No comments: