Friday, August 02, 2013

Why Is Ariel Castro Even Alive?

Really, I want to know why the Creature of Cleveland, Ariel Castro, is only being given a life sentence for holding as prisoner three young girls for over a full decade?
Well the reason is the The Creature was allowed to plea his case, not go to trial and a certain death sentence.
Nice.
So, according to The Plain Dealer, The Creature will get a life sentence and 1,000 years just to make sure he never sees the light of day.
Understand that The Creature kidnapped Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight. He chained them up. He had endless sex with them. I am certain that they were constantly raped. He impregnated at least two of them. One of the babies died as The Creature forced a miscarriage. One survived and has to bear the shame that her father, a worthless piece of crap, raped her mother. They were never, ever allowed to come and go as they pleased. They were what amounts to being slaves to this piece of crap. The Creature.
I get the fact that a trial would have forced the three women to relive their time as prisoners of The Creature. But I think that it would be worth it so long as he was found guilty and sentenced to death.
But again, The Creature will be alive. He will get his three-square meals a day. He will breathe the same air as the victims and the rest of us. Talk about pollution. I do not see this as fair. I am with Ace on this one. Why even have the death penalty?
One thing that perplexes me about these kind of cases how it is a fluke that they do end up the way that they do.
In this case, a lucky break as Amanda Berry had an opportunity to escape and she took it. Because of her, all the victims are still alive and The Creature is spending the rest of his natural life where he at the very least belongs.
In prison.
Then there is the case of Jaycee Duggard and the lucky break it took to free her from her just as depraved captors, Phillip and Nancy Garrido.
The common thread is that all the people involved in these heinous acts are world-class sociopaths.
Look at The Creature.
Here are a couple of the choice quotes he said about his relationship with his victims:

"I don’t understand why you have to tear my house down. I have so many happy memories there with Gina, Amanda and Michele."

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.
But wait! There's more:

"I'm not a monster. I'm just sick. I have an addiction, just like an alcoholic has an addiction. God as my witness, I never beat these women like they're trying to say that I did. I never tortured them."

How dare The Creature take the name of God in such a vein!
Oh, yeah, you're just a sick monster!
At some point, The Creature will give some twisted interview, maybe with Oprah, and there will be a push to have people feel sorry for him and not the victims. Trust me, it will happen.
What should happen?
Hopefully a few of The Creature's fellow inmates will do to him what some in Wisconsin did to another sociopath killer, Jeffrey Dahmer. In case you forgot about him, THAT Creature not only killed his victims, but ate them.
That is my hope.
I know that some Christians would be appalled by my wish, but there is a point that one cannot let certain people live. To allow such an individual as The Creature to have life is as much a sin as what he did to Amanda, Gina and Michelle.
Sometimes a trial is necessary rather than a deal. And this was the case. And yes, because he would get about 1,000 years of appeals he probably would die naturally or at the hands of others in prison. But we, the people and the American society would be sending a message. That there are still bad bridges to cross. And The Creature did just that.
Really, at the end of the day why is The Creature, Ariel Castro, still alive?

No comments: