Saturday, August 02, 2008

Conservatives And Sen. McCain Warming To Each Other?

Well, not like say Ronald Reagan and or George W. Bush, but this is an interesting article from Jen Rubin in Commentary magazine http://www.commentarymagazine.com/blogs/index.php/rubin/18811 that is a good indication of the fact that one may not be enthusiastically lining up behind the Sen. John "F--- You" McCain candidacy, but will have a shotgun wedding of sorts because they have common foes and on occasion agree on matters.
Believe me, I know that there will be and are absolutely significant differences between Sen. "F--- You" McCain and the base. Illegal immigration is quite possibly the strongest. But, as I have written many times and will continue to do so, it is the fault of us conservatives for not getting behind the right candidate early enough that Sen. "F--- You" McCain did not have the opening to the nomination.
So, I have decided that despite our differences, he is the "one"-so to speak-that is the Republicans have deemed the one to be the nominee for president. I back him and will do so with honesty. That means criticize when necessary and defend and articulate when necessary.
Again, in the real world, the Republican party is the only way that conservatism will succeed in political terms in the United States. Having a John McCain sneak in every so often is a good thing. It means that we have another conversation among ourselves, conservatives, and regroup.
So, for better or worse I am ahead of the curve and backing the Arizona Solon and hoping that there will not be too much done wrong in the next four years should he be elected president.

HT: The Corner @ www.corner.nationalreview.com

6 comments:

Kevin said...

Brrrrr... it's chilly in here!

Pat Jenkins said...

"better than obama"......

Kevin said...

I'm not voting for Obama either.

Incognito said...

Agreed, Righty! The alternative is just too dang scary.

Ray York said...

I have never had Cable TV, I'd rather read or watch PBS. I recently installed my little black box for the February 17th, transition to Digital. And I was astounded at the reception with my rabbit ears. Absolute perfect clarity. It also gave me some cable channels for free. The liberal idiots on Cable Television made me think "why are people paying for this dribble". Cable TV seems to be the Liberals playground. From the news cast to the cooking shows, this is supposed to be a reflection of what the powers to be want society to think society should be like. With Obama comes a complete cabinet of trolls that think and may even look like Obama. This will immediately effect the entire country from Welfare to Nasa. the most important government agency will switch from our military to the EPA. The Supreme Court will change the color of their robes. I pray this country sees the light before Obama makes a temporary move to the Center. Everyday we see him "change" his mind, to what he thinks his audience wants to hear.

Anonymous said...

My sentiments exactly: Not the best we could do, but better than the likely alternatives.

I did recently have a thought that gave me some solace if Obama were to win: We survived eight years of Clinton.

Much of Clinton's damage was later undone, the same would, I hope-I hope-I hope, happen to anything Obama manages to screw up.

Thank God for term limits.