Monday, August 23, 2010

The Thrill Is Gone. . .For The Dear Leader

With apologies to the great B. B. King.

The thrill is gone
For the Dear Leader, President Obama.

The thrill is gone away
Much like those approval ratings.

The thrill is gone baby
Cause you've turned out to be a typical Democrat pol.

The thrill is gone away
Cause you can't keep you mouth shut when you need to, Dear Leader.

You know you done me wrong baby
Like we're still in Iraq and Afghanistan and no socialized medicine.

And you'll be sorry someday
Kind of like November 2 when we who adored you stay away and let the GOP in the driver's seat.

The thrill is gone
From Chris Matthews' leg.

It's gone away from me
Cause we thought you would be a healer, not a divider.

The thrill is gone baby
Cause unemployment is at 9.5%.

The thrill is gone away from me
Much like our jobs and our national pride.

Although I'll still live on
With 99 weeks of unemployment bennies.

But so lonely I'll be
When I'm the only car in the neighborhood with a "Yes We Can" bumper sticker.

You know I'm free, free now baby
To vote for the GOP.

I'm free from your spell
And can come out of my conservative closet.

I'm free, free now
To say No We Can't.

I'm free from your spell
And trying to avoid those taxes you want to raise.

And now that it's over
It will be over November 3rd.

All I can do is wish you well
And good luck in 2012.

1 comment:

Cammie Novara said...

The second I navigated to the staggering hilarious Yes We Scam! B.S. We Can Believe In! Obama Approval Plummets editorial I thought that Right View From The Left Coast's readers should act as jury on this: http://hubpages.com/hub/Yes-We-Scam-BS-We-Can-Believe-In-Obama-Approval-Plummets