Thursday, December 09, 2010

A Major League Birther?

Ooh boy! Me thinks that this guy, Baltimore Oriole outfielder Luke Scott, maybe looking for other employment as he offered his thoughts on the Dear Leader, President Obama.
It appears that Mr. Scott is a Birther. Judging by this interview, lets just say Mr. Scott is wanting to see that Hawai'i birth certificate from the Dear Leader, President Obama.
Of course the Obamawhore media is harping on this comment in a wide-ranging interview Mr. Scott had with David Brown of Yahoo! Sports:

David Brown: You don't think that Obama wasn't born in the United States, do you?
Luke Scott: He was not born here.
DB: [Sighs].
LS: That's my belief. I was born here. If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go — within 10 minutes — to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, "See? Look! Here it is.
Here it is." The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything. And why? Because he's hiding something.

OK, I am not with Mr. Scott on this one. Once again, the Dear Leader, President Obama was born in the United States of America. Period.
But. Mr. Scott makes the valid point of the feeling that Team Obama, led by the Dear One himself, are always hiding something.
My issue is the college record of the Dear Leader, President Obama. Why should we just take his and his media whore's word that he was wonderful and brilliant while at Occidental College, Columbia University and Harvard Law School? Where is the record? Transcripts? Why did he change colleges in his junior year? Now I think that is a real issue. Believe me, if Barack Hussein Obama was a Republican named Barry O'Bama and trying to get away from not releasing his college records, the same media whores would be all over that guy.
Sorry for the diversionary rant.
But I actually read the whole interview. And Mr. Scott does bring up some excellent points.
Mr. Scott's comments about the Dear Leader, President Obama, was more about his own mindset, and the mindset of the left in general. Here is something that Mr. Scott touched on before offering his Birther views:

Obama, he doesn't represent that. He represents, "Hey, everyone. Give me votes and I'll give you stuff."

Uh, yeah, Mr. Scott is spot on about that. And the mindset of the current left in the United States. And a lot of their supporters.
And Mr. Scott is a hunter. And he likes Ted Nugent. And I am certain former Alaska governor Sarah Palin as well.
Look, Mr. Scott is not running for any office. These are his own thoughts. He was asked and he answered. Yet in the first linked article, his employers, the Orioles, distance themselves from his comments. Yet Mr. Scott was not speaking for the Orioles. He was speaking for himself.
But look for the usual suspects to come out of the woodwork and make unreasonable demands of Mr. Scott and the Orioles organization.
Expect calls for "sensitivity training" and that Mr. Scott should apologize for suggesting the Dear Leader, President Obama, was not born in the United States. Yada, yada, yada.
I hope that Mr. Scott stands his ground. He is as entitled as any American to his opinions. The Orioles organization should stand by his right to speak out.
But I wished that Mr. Scott did not trail into Birther territory. It is the one thing I will continue to disagree with him and many fellow conservatives about.

No comments: