Wednesday, August 01, 2007

President Bush Driving Libs To The Great White North

According to ABC News http://abcnews.com, more Americans over the past four years have been moving to Canada. The reason? Its President Bush and his policies, of course!
According to the story, the two people that were mentioned was a gay, male, labor organizer and a woman. I kid you not. They are much happier in the more open, tolerant Canada than the eeevillll United States ruled by the maniacal George W. Bush.
What is my thought?
Please, if there are any more of you, flood the Canadian embassy and consulates with applications for Canadian citizenship. Also, give up your United States citizenship if we are, in fact, such an evil place that you can not live your life freely.
I write that somewhat in jest, but it is a serious problem. If people like another country, I have no problem with them moving there and getting citizenship to that nation. It is their right. My problem is with people who bash the United States and then want duel citizenship. The United States is not a perfect nation but I should think that those who move abroad would at the very least want some connection to the land of their birth. But, if we are to believe ABC News, the majority of those leaving the United States for Canada are so tortured by the Bush administration. I put up with William Jefferson Blythe Clinton for eight years and live to tell about it.
I think those that leave because of a single administration have serious problems. Democracy means that every once in a while we will not have a president, a governor, or mayor or whatever. It is up to us all to make sure we have the government we want. Leaving the United States does not make that problem go away.
I wonder if more Americans will leave for Canada if, God forbid, Sen. Hilary Clinton (D-NY) is elected president? I wonder if it will get coverage in the DDBMSM?

No comments: