Friday, April 29, 2011

F-Bombs The Pathway To The Presidency?

It appears that pseudo-Republican potential presidential candidate Donald Trump is fond of a not-so-nice word in the English language.
Mr. Trump likes dropping an f-bomb. Or two. Or apparently many according to this report.
You know the last guy that we know semi-publicly dropped an f-bomb and ran for president?
Why of course, as he affectionately called here, Sen. John "F--- You" McCain. I will not go into the history of that except to link you to this for background.
Call me old fashioned, but dropping f-bombs freely and referring to leaders as stupid as Mr. Trump did continues to diminish him and the office he claims to seek. The presidency of the United States.
Do I drop an f-bomb? Catch me watching a sporting event my teams are in. And if they are losing or do lose. But here is the catch.
I am not a real public figure. I do not need to set a better example for people. Donald Trump is a public figure and bringing out the worst in people. Thus, while I do not get his appeal, for some reason there is one. As a leader.
A leader shows some restraint. An ability to work well with others. And none of that fits Mr. Trump.
Dropping f-bombs and calling leaders stupid is not going to get Donald Trump anywhere near the front door of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. And I am thankful for that.

No comments: