Saturday, February 26, 2011

Trojan Horse Viruses And A Computer Horror Story

You may have noticed the lack of posts since the new year.
Well, there is a really bad reason for that.
It is called the Trojan Horse virus.
Yes, it is as bad as it sounds.
OK, it is not really a virus, per se. From my limited understanding of such things.
But around six months ago, my e-mail account apparently was hacked. And if one was on the list, they were victims of e-mail links that, well I had no idea. People no longer would open up e-mails from me.
I tried everything that I could think of to rid these things.
Alas, no such luck.
Then about two weeks ago, I could not even get this computer to start up. No, I am not kidding. It would take over a half hour to start up. Then I went online and pages, when I could access them, took forever to open up.
Last weekend, I had it. I nearly broke this Dell computer on my own. But I broke down, literally and figuratively and Mrs. RVFTLC and I took it to Best Buy.
As the kind Geek Squad lady was doing her testing, which took forever, she delivered the bad and very expensive news.
A Trojan Horse infected our computer.
While it explained a lot, I remained angry and upset. One would be because of the obvious. That some worthless excuse of a human being infected our computer. And that it would end up costing over $400 dollars to fix the problem.
A week later, and out $400 bucks, it is back. This Dell computer. And it is running great. And while I have learned a valuable lesson, I pass this on. And it is sincere.
If your computer is running slow, there is a serious problem. Don't do what I did and put it off or ignore it. Fix it right away.
Because other wise, you will find yourself unable to blog. Or read a blog.

No comments: