Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Dog Haus-Real Food

This being a blog about current events and pop culture, I think a pop culture is a bit in order. And it involves food. Something that I really love.
Today after church, Mrs. RVFTLC and I took another visit to the Dog Haus here in Pasadena.
And yes, it is all about the hot dog. And or the sausage.
Now, since our current political leadership is insisting that we eat like a moose-become a herbivore-this is the perfect antidote to those leading us on the path to mossedom.
This is our third visit in about a month and a half.
And, what makes this establishment unique is the roll that the hot dog or sausage is served on. It is served on King's Hawaiian Bread. For those not familiar with King's, it is a Hawai'ian sweet roll.
And trust me, these are not the obligatory Dodger Dog type of hot dog.
For today's visit, I had the Cowboy. It is a 1/4 skinless hot dog topped with white american cheese, smoked bacon, onion rings, bbq sauce and crispy onions.
As Rachel Ray would say, yummo!
The menu is worth the look over.
This is where the healthy food police could have the big bust. Mrs. Dear Leader, Michelle Obama, could close this place down. Because it is that good.
Also, the Dog Haus plays great 80's rock music and it is just the kind of atmosphere that makes a regular guy feel like a regular guy. And where a gal can let herself go for that kind of pig-out meal.
I do not want you to think that this is where your humble blogger eats all the time. I do have my fair share of healthy eating.
But, I believe that there needs to be a balance. Not trying to take away people's right to have the kind of food they want. Not forcing another agenda when people go out to eat. Or what they choose to eat at home.
For me, a place like the Dog Haus is a treat. It is good quality and yet there is a junky element to it.
If you are in the Pasadena area, I highly recommend the Dog Haus. It is real food.

No comments: