Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

Since it is now 2006, why not join the masses and share with you some of my New Year's resolutions.
1) To be more patient with those who disagree with me. It is not always easy being right so often!
2) To share more with people about my relationship with Jesus Christ. As an Episcopalian, it is not exactly one of our strong suits, but this year I am going to try hard to change that for myself in a personal way.
3) To work hard to elect more Republicans, not wishy-washy ones, to office. A strong Republican party is one that elects more center-right people to office. A weak Republican party ends up looking like that in Massachusetts and soon to be in New York state.
4) To pray for a Freeway Series in October between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Anaheim (NOT Los Angeles!!) Angels. Hey, the Red Sox have won and last year the White Sox won, why not the Freeway Series!
5) Do something to effect positive change in my community. Here in Pasadena, California a big issue is whether or no we will look into getting a pro football team to play in the Rose Bowl. I believe that it should be put to a vote by the people and let the chips fall where they may. Some of my fellow citizens do not seem to appreciate that the rest of the community has a say in matters for the whole of the city.
6) To shop more at Walmart! I am so sick and tired of those who seem to hate Walmart (and secretly shop there!) and yet do not have a clue that it is how the retail industry is. Walmart is not the first retailer to go in to a city and offer low prices and that leads to some loss of mom-and-pops and that they do not pay like supermarkets that charge as much as five times what any given item. And please, do not fall for the propaganda that Walmart does not offer health insurance.
Those are just a few of the realistic resolutions that I will try to keep this year. I hope that you make realistic resolutions and do all you can to keep them!

No comments: