Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Sorry State Of Race Relations In The United States

I came across this seemingly shocking poll of Republican voters in Alabama and Mississippi that indicates roughly about 30% do not like interracial marriage and also think that it should be illegal.
One thought I have is that I am not surprised. I am not surprised that many people do not like the idea of interracial marriage.
The second thought is why would anyone be that honest to suggest interracial marriage actually be banned?
But the third thought is the one I would like to ask.
Was or is this question ever asked of Democrat voters? I mean, is the party that once supported segregation and the very laws that banned interracial marriage and by extension sexual relations? Yes it is. And should Democrat voters not be asked such things?
And let me take that a step further.
How about asking these questions on racial breakdown? You know, lets see how Blacks feel about the subject. And Hispanics. Lets not forget Asians.
Let me relate that these groups are much more vocal in opposition to interracial marriage than many if not most Whites.
But why ask such things in the first place? Is it not meant to illicit a negative response? Of course it is.
After all, the only way to keep the race huckster gravy train going to point out such information as the above poll.
Again, I find it to be at best a shock poll rather than anything of reality.
In my own family, some of my nephews and nieces are in interracial marriages. My one niece lives in Florida and is married to a Black man. One nephew is married to a Korean-American and the other, his brother, is married to a Filipina-American.
As I write that, my blood boils because all I can think of is the fact that I am an American.
That is it.
An American. My heritage happens to be European, but I would have to relationship to family that might be in Edinburgh, Scotland where my maternal grandmother was from. Or where my paternal grandparents came from, Odessa, the Ukraine.
My race is American.
Yet everywhere I have to answer on many things what race best describes me.
And yet I can not write American anywhere.
Why is that? Why must we be categorized in racial groups that for many we really have no real anchor to?
Because it is to Balkinize the United States of America.
I am sure that a lot of people of all race groups feel the same as I do. But what are we doing about it?
One of the most nauseating things that was said about the Tea Party movement has been that we are a bunch of racists.
Yet the only people pushing the race issue at Tea Party rallies I was privileged to be at were Lyndon LaRouche whack jobs. Democrat Lyndon LaRouche whack jobs.
I saw many people of many heritages. Asian, Black, Hispanic, others that I do not know nor for the sake of this care. Because we are united in being Americans first and heritage second.
Even people that I know should know better ask me about why the Tea Party is racist. Of course none who asked ever participated or went to a rally. But are spoon-fed the race angle because, well, the leftywhore media has to make the Tea Party a negative.
Somehow, keeping taxes low, restoring eroding freedom and keeping the federal government at bay is a racist issue.
But to the left everything is now in the prism of race.
It is how they keep the above-mentioned groups on the Democrat plantation.
And that is why they need to demonize any opposition to their policies as race-driven.
And with the first Black American president, it seems tailor-made, right?
Yet this is probably the reason the chains are probably going to be broken.
Because Americans elected a Black to the presidency, we will not have a problem electing someone from another group. And many who have been on the plantation only because of race will say no more.
It is what has to happen.
Because if it does not, many people will take the above poll seriously rather than the shock value that it is.

No comments: