Monday, March 31, 2008

Baseball Is Back!

Today begins another year of triumph and defeat. Today is the day that 30 teams that make up major league baseball believe that they will be World Series champs.
Of course, that reality gets changed around June when pretenders become cellar-dwellers and the contenders just get warmed-up.
Of course last night was the home opener of the new Washington Nationals Park, and I posted on the disgusting display of the fans towards President Bush. And, the Nats beat the hated Atlanta Braves.
If that was not enough, my beloved Los Angeles Dodgers easily dispatched the truly hated San Francisco Giants today at their real ballpark, Dodger Stadium. And, it was a shutout, 5-0!
So, I will NOT make my predictions until the weekend.
Why?
Because I have come to the conclusion that making predictions before any season begins is, well a crap shoot. I mean. 30 exhibition games mean nothing. A player maybe hurt or a big trade is pulled off. No, I think, while to some it is gutless, I will wait and get a feel of the teams that everyone else seems to think will win their divisions and or the World Series.
But, a preview of who I think will end up in the Fall Classic.
The National League winner will be from the Western Division. The American League champs will be from the Central Division.
Wait until this weekend for the complete rundown!

2 comments:

Pat Jenkins said...

hated atlanta braves? what gives 64?

Righty64 said...

Yes, the HATED Atlanta Braves. Remember who owns the Braves? Red, er Ted Turner. Oh yes, it is Time Warner, whatever, but lurking in the shadows is the Red one. Also, remember, they were in NL West many a moon ago and, I forget the year, but they beat the Dodgers out for a division title.