Saturday, February 02, 2008

Those Darned Political Calls!

It is late Saturday night here in soon-to-be raining Southern California and yesterday, the political calls began. YEEHA!
Yesterday I got a call from the Mitt Man himself. Today I got a call from former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum and the ray of sunshine himself, Sen. John "F--- You" McCain.
Darn! He did not refer to himself by that name, you know "F--- You" McCain. Oh, thats right. He saves that for his Republican friends!
I figure before this is over I will get several more of these taped calls.
Do they make a difference?
For me, no.
But, for some who are undecided and there are many all over the United States, it may help.
So far, it is the Mitt Man two, Sen. "F--- You" McCain one.
I am waiting with bated breath for the Rev. Mike to call. And I am sure it will be tomorrow, Sunday. I hope that he will use a quotation from the Holy Bible, King James Version of course, to get my vote.
With a little sarcasm, I think that these calls do matter as noted to an undecided voter. And it is a good way for a decided voter to know which candidate is targeting which voters.
Oh, a confession.
Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast is a registered independent here in California.
Thus, earlier this week we got a live person calling on behalf of Sen. Barack Obama. Fortunatly, I was not home. I fear she would have not liked me to answer her call! Nor would the McCain people. And especially the Clinton people!
It is the way to get to the most voters in a state like California and they must work or candidates would not use them.
If Gov. Arnold calls, oh boy he better get ready for an earful!

1 comment:

Pat Jenkins said...

what did mitt have to say? or better yet santorum? what was his message?